Thursday, April 17, 2008

First Post!

Shortly after I set up my first web site in 1994 I added a section to it called Jim's Web Of Consciousness, which described itself thusly:

"This page is a random collection of things that may or may not prove interesting. It grows from the bottom up."

It perhaps says something about the high regard that I held this page that it resided under a path of /junk on my site.

Of course it was only available to people with access to the HP Intranet (i.e. people that worked at HP), but at the time that included the vast majority of people who knew me who had access to the internet, so it didn't seem like much of a problem.

Fourteen years later I've decided the time has come for me to add a random collection of things that may or may not prove interesting to my current web site, and that's exactly what we call a blog nowadays.

So here it is. At some point I will link it in more closely to my site, but for now I shall just add things to it as I see fit.

If you know me and you've managed to find this blog feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim! - is this the first comment? I saw you linked from Caro's Lines blogroll, and quickly added you to my feeds. Is there an emacs mode for blogger? You'll be on Twitter next.

Jim said...

Congratulations on finding my blog! Yes, you got the first comment. I might actually start adding a few more posts now I know there's someone out there who may possibly read it. I've got the photos somewhere to do a post about how to make your own Space Hopper costume.